January 23, 2017
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Georgia (BGCCG) will begin Summer Camp programming May 30, 2017. Clubs provide diverse activities that meet the interests of all youth. Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Georgia Summer programming provides youth a safe, positive and promising environment.
Core programs engage young people in activities with adults, peers and family members that enable them to develop self-esteem and to reach their full potential.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Georgia’s Summer Program activities are focused around these six key areas:
1. Character and Leadership Development to empower youth to support and influence their Club and community, sustain meaningful relationships with others, develop a positive self-image and good character and respect their own and other’s cultural identities.
2. Education and Career Development activities to enable young people to become proficient in basic education disciplines, set goals, explore career, prepare for employment and embrace technology to achieve success in a career.
3. Arts & Cultural Enrichment activities to enable young people to develop their creativity and cultural awareness through knowledge and appreciation for the visual arts and creative writing.
4. Sports, Fitness and Recreation activities to develop fitness, positive use of leisure time skills for stress management, appreciation for the environment and social skills.
5. Health and Life Skills activities develop young people’s capacity to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well-being, set personal goals and live successfully as self-sufficient adults.
ABOUT SUMMER CAMP PROGRAMS
Regular Members: Those who are registered Afterschool participants attending 3x+/week
Youth 6-12: $110.00
Teens 13 up: $60.00
**New Members (Ages 6-12): $160.00/child; $10.00 membership fee
**New Teens (Ages 13 up): $80.00/teen; $25.00 membership fee
Summer Camp Registration: May 22-26, 2017 (2pm-6pm)
Summer Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Summer Program duration: May 30, 2017 - July 21, 2017 (closed for Independence Day on July 4, 2017)
Summer Camp Locations: King Danforth, Murphy Felton Tindall , Carl D. Thomas Memorial Club, Warner Robins Club at Deloris Toliver Park
To locate a nearby Boys & Girls Club, please visit our Our Clubs page.